EMAIL ME!
Contact me if you have questions, pictures or websites that you would like to share on
Clothing, Shoes, Accessories, Make Up, Hair Products or anything Girlie! :o)

diariesofarecessionista@gmail.com

Friday, July 2, 2010

Apple Cider Vinegar?? (ACV rinse)

I know some of you are thinking.... EWWW!!!  I thought the same thing at first, but being the recessionista that I am, I wanted to give it a try.  


My Sands/Line Sister Khalilah put me on to the ACV rinse.  She has long beautiful locks and she has been using this secret for awhile! (Everybody at the count of 3 say.... THANKS EL-AMIN!)


To do the rinse you take 1 cup apple cider vinegar and add to 3 cups water.  
(I like to use warm water)  I also put the mixture in a water bottle to help make the application easier. I usually do this in my kitchen sink as I don't want my shower to smell of vinegar.  


Some people use the ACV rinse only, to cleanse hair.  
I must wash my hair with shampoo so I shampoo before using this rinse.   So after shampooing I apply the ACV rinse and work it through my hair.  
You immediately begin to feel your hair get softer.  After I worked the rinse in for about 5 min.  I rinse with water.  Then I apply a deep conditioner like Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing Pak.  I usually sit under a dryer for 20 min with a plastic cap.  I find that using the conditioner after the rinse eliminates the smell of vinegar.  My nose is extremely sensitive to smell so I never skip this step!


After this is completed your hair is super soft and shiny!! 


If you are at all confused about this process, look it up on You tube.  
You will find plenty of tutorials on the rinse, some vary in the amount of vinegar & water they use.  I found this amount to work the best for my hair.  


Let me know what you think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment